Feedback to the upstream process
- The inspection machine (YSi-12) detects defect after the components have been mounted.
- The mounter that placed the defect component is identified and auto feedback sent by LAN.
- That mounter is automatically set to cycle-stop and data such as the setting position, head number and nozzle type appears on the monitor.
- Defect occurrence is suppressed at its minimal level and corrective actions against the cause of the defect occurrence are taken effectively.
Feed-forward from the upstream process
- The mounter performs the tray component replenishing work.
- The information on replenished components is feed-forward transferred to the inspection machine through the LAN.
- The inspection machine inspects the model number (constant) printed on the surface of the component mounted on the target board through the character recognition (OCR).
- The character recognition that easily produces false reports by printing variations is performed only immediately after replenishing the components. This reduces the failure of the expensive components while suppressing decrease in production efficiency at its minimal level.
Mobile Terminal Pass / Fail Function
- The inspection machine detects defect after the components have been mounted. (The board stands by in the machine.)
- The defect image and information are sent to the operator’s mobile terminal through the wireless LAN.
- The mobile terminal informs the operator of NG occurrence through the ring tone or vibration.
- The operator decides Pass / Fail on the terminal after checking the defect occurrence state.
- The judgment result is sent to the inspection machine through the wireless LAN to restart the production.
- The operator can check the image on the mobile terminal at real-time and perform the decide Pass / Fail
- The operator’s awareness about quality is improved. This contributes to constant quality stabilization.
- NG is determined.
- Upstream process images about NG portions are displayed side-by-side.
- The cause portion can be judged easily.
- Comparisons with upstream process images can be made.
Mounting accuracy monitoring
| Mounting accuracy graph by
statistic process control (SPC)
| The same highly rigid frame as
- Use of statistic process control (SPC) makes it possible to summarize the data by narrowing it by the period, part number, and component size, etc. and display such data graphically.
- This mounting accuracy monitoring is useful to judge the maintenance implementation timing.
- Since the component may move by the self-alignment effect when the solder melts, it is recommended to measure the mounting accuracy before the reflow process.
- The inspection machine uses the same highly rigid frame as the mounter. (YSi-12)